PDF to excel quagmire...in theory

tdub4034

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I've been assign a task where I need to map data from a PDF converted excel file to another exported excel file with pre-determined headers. The goal is to standardized the converted PDF so that the data can be extracted to the exported excel file in vba. One big issue I foresee is that the converted file language is a little different from the pre-determined headers. My question is in theory, besides formatting components, "What's the best way to extract the data to list under it's respective header?". In the recent past I have used RegEx to accomplish a similar task but the source file was already in a columnar grid style in excel. Any input would be most appreciated.

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
are they scanned pdf or text based or ocr?

Upvote 0
Thank you. I'll have to try this at home tonight. I'll let you know. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Most material tend to require using Acrobat. Unfortunately Nitro was used for conversion, beyond that only Acrobat Reader is installed on this workstation. So, again - I'll have to try on my home laptop which has Adobe Acrobat full version.

Attachments

• 2020_01_22_13_28_44_Window.png
    2020_01_22_13_28_44_Window.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0
In short, the above link method does work but it doesn't suit my need. The output dumps all text into the fist column in an unwanted delimited fashion. Also, as stated earlier, it calls on Acrobat (i.e. Acrobat.AcroPDDoc) and I only have the reader to work with. That said, let me approach this from another angle. I have converted a PDF to excel and trying to find the best way to extract specific cells to another worksheet in it's respective column - although the language of the headers are slightly different. I've uploaded images where there are 3-4 items (highlighted in green). How can I get string from the converted file to the grid?

Attachments

• SamplePDF2Grid_Excel.jpg
    SamplePDF2Grid_Excel.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 10
  • GridSample.jpg
    GridSample.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back