Helpmepleasehahaha

Howdy all!

So I am trying to figure out how to make this idea a reality. I'm not even sure that I can but I figured I would ask the web of experts and see instead of screaming silently in my head over and over.

Idea: I want to be able to calculate the percentage of vehicles in my squadron that are Fully Mission Capable (Green). We have 48 vehicles and this tracker is linked to a PowerPoint slide utilized by many other organizations for briefings and what not. The cell Q2 "FLEET MC RATE:" is where I want to reflect the percentage. There are 5 colors on this tracker but the percentage is only for items that are green. Now, every vehicle box is conditioned to reflect a color based on the letter code typed into the box. Example, if I want to show a vehicle 01E00036 in cell D8, Fully Mission Capable (Green), I type the letter "a" in it and it conditions it green. I really hope I explained this well. Any and all help is welcome

Attachments

• Tracker screenshot.png
    Tracker screenshot.png
    47 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
The way you would do this is by counting the number of "a" cells, and then the number of the all other coded cells, and doing a division. (There is no simple way to count by color.) Your picture doesn't give insight as to what this looks like in Excel but you might have something like this:

=COUNTIF(A1:J20,"a")/(COUNTIF(A1:J20,"?")

This counts all the cells in the range that have just the letter "a" in the cell and divides by the number of cells in the same range that have a single character in the cell. This will work if the only cells with a single character are the ones coded for vehicle status. Otherwise we will have to list each possible code.

Upvote 0
Hiya! I can't tell where the cells are because I don't see the row and column headers. What percentage are you trying to get? The percent of all 48 vehicles that are Fully Mission Capable, or are you looking for a percentage based on the column or the row?

Upvote 0
Howdy all!

So I am trying to figure out how to make this idea a reality. I'm not even sure that I can but I figured I would ask the web of experts and see instead of screaming silently in my head over and over.

Idea: I want to be able to calculate the percentage of vehicles in my squadron that are Fully Mission Capable (Green). We have 48 vehicles and this tracker is linked to a PowerPoint slide utilized by many other organizations for briefings and what not. The cell Q2 "FLEET MC RATE:" is where I want to reflect the percentage. There are 5 colors on this tracker but the percentage is only for items that are green. Now, every vehicle box is conditioned to reflect a color based on the letter code typed into the box. Example, if I want to show a vehicle 01E00036 in cell D8, Fully Mission Capable (Green), I type the letter "a" in it and it conditions it green. I really hope I explained this well. Any and all help is welcome

Attachments

• Tracker screenshot.png
    Tracker screenshot.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
Based on your second picture this is the actual formula. This assumes that that only cells that contain a single letter are the coded cells, and also that all coded cells contain a single letter.

=COUNTIF(B8:W28,"a")/(COUNTIF(B8:W28,"?")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purevega

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back