Performance issue VB

Alex B

Hi,

I´m trying to filter out unique names based on chosen year and organizational unit from a list that contains approx 20000 rows.

Use code below, which is executed with a control button. I experience performance issues, the macro takes 5-10 sec to run.
Is there any better way to do it?

Code:
Sub filter()

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Sheets("Resurstid").Visible = True

Sheets("Resurstid").Select
    Columns("A:F").AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, CriteriaRange:=Range( _
        "H1:M2"), CopyToRange:=Range("H4"), Unique:=True

Sheets("Analys per konsult").Select

With Sheets("Analys per konsult")

With .Range("B15:N1000")
            .Clear
            End With
            Dim lastRow2 As Long
            lastRow2 = Sheets("Resurstid").Range("H" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row + 7
            Sheets("Analys per konsult").Range("B13:N13").AutoFill Destination:=Sheets("Analys per konsult").Range("B13:N" & lastRow2)
            End With

Sheets("Resurstid").Visible = False

End Sub

Slightly... What I experience in general is that when org.units with up to 20-50 names are chosen, the code runs quite ok.
It´s with larger org.units (+100 names) it starts to lag.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
I expect it's related to the number of formulas and their complexity. But you haven't told me what the formulas are so it's difficult to help further.

Upvote 0
Here is an example:

=IF(Vald_månad>12;IF(ISERROR(SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;Uppdragsgrupp;"Externa uppdrag";År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;">="&MinMånad;Månad_tid;"<="&MaxMånad)/SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;">="&MinMånad;Månad_tid;"<="&MaxMånad));"";SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;Uppdragsgrupp;"Externa uppdrag";År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;">="&MinMånad;Månad_tid;"<="&MaxMånad)/SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;">="&MinMånad;Månad_tid;"<="&MaxMånad));IF(ISERROR(SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;Uppdragsgrupp;"Externa uppdrag";År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;Vald_månad)/SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;Vald_månad));"";SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;Uppdragsgrupp;"Externa uppdrag";År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;Vald_månad)/SUMIFS(Timmar_tid;Resurs_tid;'Analys per konsult'!B13;År_tid;Innevarande_år;Månad_tid;Vald_månad)))

Fomulas use Named cells and ranges, though in swedish, so I think that they won't help you much. And as you can see above, it's quite long so maybe calculating this and similar formulas in some 1000-2000 cells do take some time...

Upvote 0
Since you are using SUMIFS you must have Excel 2007 or above, in which case you can use IFERROR instead of IF(ISERROR to avoid having the formula twice. The syntax for:

=IF(ISERROR(Formula),"",Formula)

is:

=IFERROR(Formula,"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
againofsoul

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back