Phone Bill Import to Excel

JH1424

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hello, I haven’t used Excel for anything other than work info recently and need to import my phone bills into Excel. I’ve tried converting them to .txt files prior to importing and the results are…not great. Does anyone have any tips on a better way to import? The phone bill is for multiple phone lines and is from T-Mobile if that’s relevant. I’m trying to organize the data to see what phone numbers are called/texted the most frequently from each phone line. Any assistance is much appreciated! Thank you.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
what file format do you have when you download the call log from t-Mobile?

Upvote 0
Hi RICH937, I originally received it is a PDF. I’ve been able to export it to Excel from Adobe, but it comes out all over the place due to the way the bill is set up with some images/different text boxes. Any advice?

Upvote 0
Import your file with Power Query either from the web or from a PDF. Formatting should be maintained when you do this. Power Query is called Get and Transform Data and is found on the Data Tab of the ribbon.

Upvote 1
Import your file with Power Query either from the web or from a PDF. Formatting should be maintained when you do this. Power Query is called Get and Transform Data and is found on the Data Tab of the ribbon.
Hi Alansidman, thank you very much for this guidance! I’m poking around a bit with the phone bill and your advice has been the most helpful!

Upvote 0
Hi RICH937, I originally received it is a PDF. I’ve been able to export it to Excel from Adobe, but it comes out all over the place due to the way the bill is set up with some images/different text boxes. Any advice?
If that doesn't work, have you tried to save as an html file? you can then open it in web format and simply select what you need and paste to excel.

Upvote 0
If that doesn't work, have you tried to save as an html file? you can then open it in web format and simply select what you need and paste to excel.
Hi RICH937, thank you for your assistance as well. I have several phone bills to analyze, so I will be trying this method as well to see how it goes. Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
masterms

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back