Picture directory

lbcowan

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
I ( working with excel 2016) have built a directory with all the information I will be collecting on a personal bases. I have all of that information on one spreadsheet. I also have left enough space in a cell to import a picture of the person(s) that reside on these lots.
The triger is the Lot number. On a second sheet I would like to enter the Lot number and have the picture associated with the Lot number appear not distorted. Furthermore when the directory has been update, I need to have the ability to place 6 pictures with their personal information on each page to create a directory booklet. Has anyone done such a thing?

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Is the picture boxes in the excel 2016 if so where would I find the boxes? Thank you.

Upvote 0
Should not be too much of a problem but more info is needed.
How many rows for a picture to cover? (If your page is 53 rows, 8 rows for each picture and one row between pictures as an example)
How many columns for 1 picture width?
Where are the pictures located? i.e. Path and name of Folder.
Are all the pictures .jpg type, bmp type, png type or what?

Upvote 0
So when you made yourself a template with the outlay you would like to have, what is the result of it?
BTW, you don't need to save the imported pictures into an image control. They can be just inserted and sized. But both are a possibility.
You can also insert a picture and have a colored outline (border) around it if you want. Maybe a black border for the "bad" people and a nice yellow border for the "Good" people!!!!!!

Upvote 0
It is an open forum with many very knowledgeable and experienced helpers.
Just post your question and someone will help.

Upvote 0
It is an open forum with many very knowledgeable and experienced helpers.
Just post your question and someone will help.
I am sure i will need to upload my spreadsheet, as my attempting to tell people what i need will be long and not using he correct language.

Upvote 0
I am sure i will need to upload my spreadsheet, as my attempting to tell people what i need will be long and not using he correct language.
I have attempted to create a picture directory. I have a master sheet that has all the data, (names, addresses, phone and emails info).
i have another spreadsheet that i would like to save the pictures of the residence too. Column A for about 500 spots.
Based on their Lot Number, (When i enter their lot number), it would like to pull their picture into a cell beside their info.
But i need to know how to get the picture all the same size and so that they don't get distorted when i pull them in.
Does that make cence?

Upvote 0
Don't quote unnecessarily. You're just creating extra junk.
Your request should be with pertinent data.
How are the pictures named? The same as the lot numbers? i.e. "14.jpg"
If not, what is the relation between picture name and lot number? Are the picture names 1 or 2 or 3 cells to the left of the lot number? Or maybe to the right?
What are the sheet names you mention
What is the path to the pictures? i.e. "C:\Pictures\Lot Pictures"
Where do plan on entering their lot number? In a cell or Input box?
Are the cells where the pictures going to be sized to a particular height and width?
If the original pictures in the folder are not all the same size and you want all the pictures on the sheet the same size without distortion, they will have different heights or widths.
So you have to let us know that you want them all the same height or the same width.
You have a Mac and I don't know if it works the same as on a windows based computer but we'll find out.

You might think that I am being a pain in the you know what but I just like to prevent going back and forth because we lacking proper information.
There was one thread where there were, if I remember correctly, 50+ posts and where the moderator figured it should have been 5 posts at the most.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back