Picture directory

lbcowan

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
I ( working with excel 2016) have built a directory with all the information I will be collecting on a personal bases. I have all of that information on one spreadsheet. I also have left enough space in a cell to import a picture of the person(s) that reside on these lots.
The triger is the Lot number. On a second sheet I would like to enter the Lot number and have the picture associated with the Lot number appear not distorted. Furthermore when the directory has been update, I need to have the ability to place 6 pictures with their personal information on each page to create a directory booklet. Has anyone done such a thing?

Don't quote unnecessarily. You're just creating extra junk.
Your request should be with pertinent data.
How are the pictures named? The same as the lot numbers? i.e. "14.jpg"
If not, what is the relation between picture name and lot number? Are the picture names 1 or 2 or 3 cells to the left of the lot number? Or maybe to the right?
What are the sheet names you mention
What is the path to the pictures? i.e. "C:\Pictures\Lot Pictures"
Where do plan on entering their lot number? In a cell or Input box?
Are the cells where the pictures going to be sized to a particular height and width?
If the original pictures in the folder are not all the same size and you want all the pictures on the sheet the same size without distortion, they will have different heights or widths.
So you have to let us know that you want them all the same height or the same width.
You have a Mac and I don't know if it works the same as on a windows based computer but we'll find out.

You might think that I am being a pain in the you know what but I just like to prevent going back and forth because we lacking proper information.
There was one thread where there were, if I remember correctly, 50+ posts and where the moderator figured it should have been 5 posts at the most.
Thanks, I will attempt to get that information in order..
I am not that great with computers and most of the language, so please bare with me.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Ok. I have one sheet Booklet, this is where i would like the picture to end up. The Cell’s that hold the picture will be a merged range (G3:J13)
The cell that will activate the pull in will be (C3). (C3) also pulls in the personal information on the sheet. Via (INDEX & MATCH).

The sheet that the picture will be on will be Images.
Here column (A) will be lot number starting at 1 and in sequence to 500.
Column (B) will be to hold the picture of the people. (I DON’T KNOW IF THE PICTURES WILL NEED TO BE IN A SEPARATE WORKBOOK?)

Images spreadsheet: Column (A) is Wide 10 or 65 pixels and Height is 205 or 205 pixels.
Column (B) is Wide 48.50 or 296.5 pixels and Height is 205 or 205 pixels.

I believe that here is where I need to address the picture size in order to keep the picture from being distorted when it is pulled in.
Is this possible after all the pictures are there? I would like to have the picture named the same as the lot number?

The path for this information is on a flash drive in one workbook at present.
I don't know what the pictures are .jpeg or other. or how to find out, will see when i import then i guess.
I don't know how to name the picture. it sit on a cell but have tried to use (name manager) but have failed. AGAIN I AM NOT VERY EXPERIENCED WITH COMPUTERS OR EXCELL.
I was trying to send you a screenshot but no luck, it wants another extension.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If you have a number in Range("C3") in Booklet Sheet and the same number somewhere in Column A in Images Sheet, this will copy the picture that has its TopLeftCell in the cell to the right of the found number in Column A in the Images Sheet.
It will size the Height to fit Rows 3 to Rows 13 in the Booklet Sheet while maintaining its original Height versus Width ratio.
It works on a windows machine so I hope it'll work on a Mac as well.

Code:
Sub One_Possible_Way()
Dim shBo As Worksheet, shIm As Worksheet
Dim shp As Shape
Set shBo = Worksheets("Booklet")
Set shIm = Worksheets("Images")
    For Each shp In shIm.Shapes
        If shp.TopLeftCell.Row = shIm.Columns(1).Find(shBo.Range("C3").Value, , , 1).Row Then
            With shp.Duplicate
            .Name = "Picture " & shBo.Cells(3, 3).Value
            .Cut
            shBo.Paste Cells(3, 8)
                With Selection
                    .ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = msoTrue
                    .Left = shBo.Columns(8).Left
                    .Top = shBo.Rows(3).Top
                    .Height = Rows(14).Top - Rows(3).Top
                End With
            End With
        End If
    Next shp
End Sub

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back