Pivot chart - how to change data source

CuriousPivot

Hi,
after I created a Pivot Chart from a Pivot table, I like to keep the format of the Pivot Chart but want to change to a different Pivot table, how do I do that? this is what I tried: PivotChartTools - Design - Select Data, in the Select Data Source dialog box, Chart data range is gray out such that I can enter a different table name. Please advice,

thx,

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Right click in your Pivot Table and select 'PivotChart Wizard'

Click the '<Back' button, and here you can change the siource data.

Upvote 0
Hi,
after I created a Pivot Chart from a Pivot table, I like to keep the format of the Pivot Chart but want to change to a different Pivot table, how do I do that? this is what I tried: PivotChartTools - Design - Select Data, in the Select Data Source dialog box, Chart data range is gray out such that I can enter a different table name. Please advice,

thx,
Just for info can you tell us what version of Excel you are using?

Upvote 0
I think what you need to do is copy the pivottable and pivotchart elsewhere, and then point the copied pivottable to the new data.

Upvote 0
If you have a solution, please post it openly.

Upvote 0
Rory, I meant my previous post above. But now I see that the forum has deleted half the text, so here we go again:

Solution:
Right click in the pivot table and select 'Chart Wizard'
Press the 'Back' button and enter the required source range.
Press 'Finish'

Upvote 0
Surely that just changes what the current pivottable points at. The original posting said
I like to keep the format of the Pivot Chart but want to change to a different Pivot table

Upvote 0
thanks everyone for your reply, but I still don't have a solution yet. I just realized that I had a typo on my original post, i've corrected it and added my Excel version below:

after I created a Pivot Chart from a Pivot table, I like to keep the format of the Pivot Chart but want to change to a different Pivot table, how do I do that? I'm on Excel 2007 and this is what I tried: PivotChartTools - Design - Select Data, in the Select Data Source dialog box, Chart data range is gray out such that I can't enter a different Pivot table name.

thanks again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back