Pivot issue with Data. Data from SQL data base is showing

bleeet

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with one of my pivot table due to a change made in a SQL database.

There was a change made in a SQL database which caused data to I guess you can say split after a certain month.

So for example in a pivot table a persons name is shown twice because data for a person from dates say from Jan -feb is connected to one of the copies of the name. While data for that person after Mar-Sept is connected to the other copy of the name. looking like below in the pivot
NameJanFebMarAprMay
Carol1010
Carol101010

I am connected to the SQL database through power query and I trying to find out a way to combine to align the all peoples monthly data so that in the pivot the data on the people is all aligned in one row not two. like below. (There is about 10 or so columns in the SQL dbtable )

NameJanFebMarAprMay
Carol1010101010

While looking at the data through power query I see that one copy of the name has data from Jan to feb (in this example) while the other copy has data from Mar onward.

I hope everyone understands what I am describing here. I want to align my pivot report like what I have shown above but I am lost on how I can do this. not sure if this can be done in the pivot or it has to be done in power query.

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Apologies I tried to edit and add power query to the title but it seems I cannot edit the title.

Upvote 0
This has been solved. Note to others when having this type of issue when connecting to a SQL database be sure to trim and clean columns in power query. I did this and my issues was solved.

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gavlaar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back