Pivot measure to sum values for a category and month

Swayzy

Board Regular
Hello

So I have stumbled upon a small problem with my pivot data and pivots. The data I have is a calendar with tasks to perform and each row have a task, person and departement labeled. I also have added a column that shows the monthly total hours for that person and this value is only shown once per month although the person can have multiple entries per month due to differing task labels. This setup creates a problem when I want to create a measure that shows the used capacity as a ratio. The second and onwards task label for the month will have 0 as the monthly capacity so the measure then returns error.

I need to someway be able to always return the monthly sum for the specific persons so that each task can also be calculated as a ratio to the monthly capacity. The current measure I have looks like this =SUM(TaskCalendar[Estimated time])/SUM([Monthly capacity Title]). I can have a new separate measure if it is needed.

So anybody have any idea on how to always get the single monthly value for the second argument?

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back