Pivot Table Date Range Picker

L

Legacy 193407

Hi all, first posting here so please be gentle with me!

I've done numerous searches to try to find a solution for my problem, but to no avail - certainly nothing that I can follow at work (some of the links to code snippets are blocked by work's firewall).

My Excel 2007 spreadsheet has 25,000 rows of data across columns A to EI. In column C, labelled as "interview_start" I have dates in the format of 'dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss'.

I need to create a pivot table in order to extract particular data from other columns, but where that data falls within a certain date range (rather than just one fixed date); i.e. between 01/01/11 and 31/01/11 (note that the time is actually not required for the selection criteria, it's merely recorded in the data file).

As a complete newbie to data manipulation in Excel (I can create pivot tables to meet my needs, but that's about my limit), can anyone here assist in guiding me on how to achieve this? I'm keen to learn, rather than have it done for me.

Cheers in advance
Matt

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeVol

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back