Pivot Table Help

cara6983

I am fairly new to using pivot tables and will describe what I want to do - maybe someone can help tell me if it is possible to do...

I have data dumps on a dozen worksheets with identical columns but the number of rows of data are dynamic and will vary. I want the user to be able to select the 1 worksheet he wants the pivot table to source data from and exclusively display that data. My first 2 thoughts:

- have an additional worksheet that will pull in data from every other worksheet which the pivot table can then source from and the user can filter the pivot table (my issue is the number of rows on the other sheets are dynamic and I'm not sure how to get all the data compiled in 1 worksheet)

- have an additional worksheet that will pull in data only from the worksheet the user selects (maybe from a drop down list) but I'm stuck knowing how to proceed with this option also

Any ideas are welcome - and like I said, I am fairly new to this so if there is an easier way out there, I'm happy to hear them.

Thanks!!

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
Thanks for the reponse - I use drop downs in my reports fairy often but I typically use vlookups to pull in my data. I am trying to better organize it with a pivot table to see if there is a cleaner/more organized method than what I am used to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lharr28

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back