Pivot table only picking up random parts of source data

pikinini_org

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi I've created a worksheet which has two pivot tables drawing from the same source-data. So the pivot tables - both - are not reflecting the correct data. So I clicked on 'show details' - which of course - brings up another sheet showing the specific filtered data being used. The filtered data is only a fraction of the whole data-set. I do not know why the tables are not picking up the full data-set! Further, they're both picking up mostly different entries. The source has 134 rows, 43 of which I've filtered out with the Report filter - leaving 91 relevant row entries. According to the 'show details' sheets, PT1 is showing results for only 6 rows; PT2 is showing for only 9. Of the 6 and the 9, only 5 are the same being picked up.*

Here's what I've tried:

-Refreshing
-Double-checking the source data (the PTs draw from a table so it should factor in new entries and this seems to be working when viewing the source data field).
-Making sure all the correct filters are turned on or off for what I want shown in the PTs (I have manually calculated the correct values to compare to see if the PT is working or not).
-Making sure all the value field setting are correct (they're all averages, like I want them).
-Checking the source data for entry mistakes such as blanks and/or spaces. Everything seems to be in order. In any case, the two PTs - respectively - are picking up different random entries to each other. Neither the correct filtered data. Both, only a few entries. But this would suggest to me that the problem is with the tables, not with the source? Cause they're both picking up random bits?
-I've tried looking at the entries which are being used to see if there's any similarities or things they have that other data doesn't. I can't see any.

I'm pulling my hair out! Please help! Also big thanks to these forums for solving all of my excel problems up until now! Why are my pivot tables not recognizing the full data-source-set?!

*Picked up: Idk the correct terminology. I'm talking about the specific rows from the data source which the details worksheet show are in use in the pivot table..
ps. I'm using Excel 2010 on my old work laptop.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Just in case anyone's checking this - I figured it out. Moderators please delete :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back