Pivot Table Won't Drill Down. Gives me Show Detail list instead.

pip74205

I haven't experienced this little conundrum before.

I have pivot tables and slicers to help people identify who is responsible for what. Everything is working perfectly... except the drill down. When I double click to drill down into a new spreadsheet, it instead brings up a window called "Show Detail." This window lists all the categories in the Pivot Table. If I select any of them, it created a drop down list with just that information below.

Quick info about the set up.

I have a handful of categories in the Filter field of the Pivot table (one for each slicer). In the Row field, I have the column containing the name of who is responsible. There is nothing int he columns or values field. I have the second column, where the Value would appear if the field had data.

Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Hi Pip,

You need to double-click on a cell in the Value area to get a drill down list. It sounds like you have a value field that is blank. If so, you should be able to double-click on the blank cell next to the person's name to get a drill down.

If you don't have any value fields, you can add one that summarizes "Count of (your name field)".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back