Pivot Tables - can I move one field from Column Item and add it to Row Item?

SnumSnum

Is it possible to move only one field from the column items to row items in a pivot table? My columns are salesperson, store, and months of the year in the data range. It is grouping the salesperson into the columns at the end of the 12 months. I am able to filter by store but not salesperson. Basically the first 2 columns of my data page are the 2 things I want as overall filters. I just can't figure out how to get the salesperson out of the column items.

I realize that my data page is probably the problem but altering it is not an option. It is set up with columns in this order:

Salesperson, Store, Jan, Feb,...

I am able to filter by store but not salesperson. Ideally I'd like to do both.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
You should be able to change the layout of your Pivot Table, unless the worksheet is protected. Just drag your items from the columns to the rows in the Field List. If your Field List is not visible, you should be able to find it from the Options tab in the Pivot Table Tools selection.

If all you want to do is to be able to filter your data you might want to consider using slicers instead. Insert Slicer option is found from the same Options tab as the Field List mentioned above. You can add multiple slicers at once and if you have several pivot tables using the same data source, you can use a single slicer to filter all your pivot tables at once if you wish. Just go to slicer settings and choose which pivot tables you want to connect it with.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying move it within the field list. The salesperson column has been grouped by excel into the columns category with the months of the year. I want to remove it from the column item list and put it in the row item list. The individual items do not appear in the field list, only the filter in the actual pivot table.

Upvote 0
So you're able to bring up your field list panel on the right of the screen right? It's not hidden? Unless I'm missing something you should be able to drag what you want into a filtered range, column, row, or value

Upvote 0
Yes the field list is up on the right and I can move all of those things into whatever field I want by dragging them. But under Column Labels in the actual pivot table it shows you the check boxes to click off for what you want to show in the table. Salesperson is in the list with the months of the year and I want it to not be in the list with the months of the year.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back