7026NoValueDatabase(Franchisee)CommodityActive
7027NoValueDatabase(Franchisee)CommodityActive
7028NoValueDatbseCommodityActive
7029NoValueDatabase(Franchisee)CommodityActive
7030NoValueDatbaseEAGActive
7031NoValueDatabaseCommodityActive
Sheet1

Dear all

I have come forward for some help from you experts out there...please shower it some !

It has been a hard time for to figure out this mess...I have learnt to attach the screen print from my PC on this board ! COOL !!

Ok...I have this huge data...the screenshot just a chunk of the same :wink: now...u would be able to view some data in column F -- the word frequently used there is "Database". Neverthless - this word "Database" is not proper by any means...case sensitivity or spelling. Now as far as my knowledge goes into Excel...I have tried using proper(), lower() and upper() to streamline this data column. However it does not serve the purpose :cry: I need to have something concrete wherein it would let me correct ALL THE MISPELLED WORDS with wrong spellings for "Database".

Hey...I do know we have exceptional experts on this board all willing to provide help and hence the reason I am here...please help me ! thanks so much in advance :)

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Stormseed

Try this
1. Select column F by clicking its heading label.
2. Edit|Replace...|Find what: Dat*|Replace with: Database|Replace All

If this is not what you want, tell us in what way, and any further information you can.

Upvote 0
Stormseed

Try this
1. Select column F by clicking its heading label.
2. Edit|Replace...|Find what: Dat*|Replace with: Database|Replace All

If this is not what you want, tell us in what way, and any further information you can.

Hey mate....thanks for the info...this would serve the purpose in only one way....as the screenprint I have shown has words which start with "Dat"...and I do have considerable sized data for which the starting letter of the word "Database" starts with different letters :( I dunno how am I going to do this...if manually then my life is on a toss...but I thank you from my heart for the idea you gave...it will help to unload some part of it !

I mean anything and everything which is possible please let me know that I can use to off load this burden...VBA, formulae, UDFs, etc anything !

Upvote 0
as the screenprint I have shown has words which start with "Dat"...and I do have considerable sized data for which the starting letter of the word "Database" starts with different letters
If you just mean you have other data like, say, 'This Data Bse' and you also want it to be Database, then just change the Find what from Dat* to *Dat*

Upvote 0
as the screenprint I have shown has words which start with "Dat"...and I do have considerable sized data for which the starting letter of the word "Database" starts with different letters
If you just mean you have other data like, say, 'This Data Bse' and you also want it to be Database, then just change the Find what from Dat* to *Dat*

Oh good lord...I just proved that I am bonehead! thanx pal...God Bless You !!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hana2911

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back