Please Help - VBA / Macro in Excel to Auto archive

lottieozzie

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Please Help
I am a VBA / Macro novice....
I have an excel spreadsheet with column and row headers that is filled out using drop down boxes and check boxes and text boxes (that is as advanced as I get !)
What I need it to do is to be able to fill this form out daily, and then overnight the form auto archive / save somewhere / create a new sheet date stamped, leaving a new sheet ready to be filled in again the following day.
I dont want a clunky system where i end up with a spreadsheet with 365 tab, nor do I want to end up with a folder with 365 separate spreadsheets.
Ideally the data from the sheets will save into a csv file that could be analysed in a table or the like.
I have played around with the idea or trying to make the blank sheet like a cover page or data entry page but couldnt work out if this was more difficult.

The sort of data takes the form.....

30-Jan-22 AB CD EF

Appointments With GP
Action / See Report (Tick)

Pain Normal / None Normal None Normal
Issue (Tick)

Health Observations Normal CRO CRO CRO
Temperature AM 35.8 36.1 36.3
Temperature PM LOW 36.2 36.3
Obs (Tick) (Tick)
Outcome Temp Low BP Low
etc etc with other observations etc

I dont know whether a pivot table would allow the data to be stored or retrieved via all "CD" notes etc
I am out of my excel depth, any pointers or ideas?
Many thanks
lottie

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Please Help
I am a VBA / Macro novice....
I have an excel spreadsheet with column and row headers that is filled out using drop down boxes and check boxes and text boxes (that is as advanced as I get !)
What I need it to do is to be able to fill this form out daily, and then overnight the form auto archive / save somewhere / create a new sheet date stamped, leaving a new sheet ready to be filled in again the following day.
I dont want a clunky system where i end up with a spreadsheet with 365 tab, nor do I want to end up with a folder with 365 separate spreadsheets.
Ideally the data from the sheets will save into a csv file that could be analysed in a table or the like.
I have played around with the idea or trying to make the blank sheet like a cover page or data entry page but couldnt work out if this was more difficult.

The sort of data takes the form.....

30-Jan-22 AB CD EF

Appointments With GP
Action / See Report (Tick)

Pain Normal / None Normal None Normal
Issue (Tick)

Health Observations Normal CRO CRO CRO
Temperature AM 35.8 36.1 36.3
Temperature PM LOW 36.2 36.3
Obs (Tick) (Tick)
Outcome Temp Low BP Low
etc etc with other observations etc

I dont know whether a pivot table would allow the data to be stored or retrieved via all "CD" notes etc
I am out of my excel depth, any pointers or ideas?
Many thanks
lottie
format doesnt look right and should be seen in columns and rows Ill add a screenshot.

Upvote 0
format doesnt look right and should be seen in columns and rows Ill add a screenshot.
1643559384091.png

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back