Please Help

jkornegay

I do not currently have Excel but my son is on the Ketogenic diet for Seizures and we need to purchase Excel in order for me to calculate his meals on the spreadsheet. All I can find is new versions for $300.Does anyone have any advice, the diet is so costly and I don't want to spend that much just to use a spreadsheet.

Thanks Jackie

It's not that XL-Dennis was being sarcastic but I can see that it might be taken that way. What happened is that you opened up a controversial topic by stating that Excel is expensive. There is a tremendous amount of anti-Microsoft sentiment out there--some of it is justified but much is not and I hear about it from our customers at least once a week. Many people don't realize that there are alternative spreadsheets (and office products) to choose from. However, I believe that Excel is currently the best spreadsheet on the market and it's price is in line with other products of it's caliber. Since it is in widespread use, customers often feel forced into accepting it and can be resentful toward Microsoft.

XL-Dennis was simply offering alternatives so you wouldn't feel trapped. Also, even when he and I have had disagreements in the past, he has always been a gentleman so I know that he is not mean-spirited but instead, is always trying to help when he can.

Now onto another possibility...

Since the spreadsheet is essentially being used to save a life (or at least dramatically raise quality of life), I'm thinking that if you were to call a newspaper, TV Station or even Microsoft, this could make a great human interest story. If it flew, I could see Microsoft even donating a copy of Office to you.

I'm going to make it my mission when I come back to work Thursday (from my long weekend) to see what can be done for you.

Anyway, this is certainly one of the most interesting posts I've seen on this site. I hope you continue to come back if you have questions or just to report how Excel is working for you and your son.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
You didn't hear it from me, but I've been told you can use Imesh (shareware program) to download (free) any Office version including XP...I've heard these are perfect working programs with keys and all.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back