Plz, need method to find/replace named ranges in formulas

uga05

Hello -

Here is a formula which returns the value from another sheet found at the intersection of a column range (d12.31.12, which is a date) and a row range (Room250, which is a location).

=(INDEX(d12.31.12,ROW(Room250),))

I have 52 similarly named columns (one for each week) and a dozen or so named rows (one for each location). That formula is copied many times in a different sheet to return all the values for all the rooms for all the weeks. I had planned to use Find/Replace to update the named ranges as needed to advance the date and/or room. I quickly figured out that while Find/Replace will update the text in my formulas, the replaced text wont function as a named range. So, I am left with doing it manually or using F3, which will take forever given the number of formulas I have to deal with.

Any help which will let me find and replace all the d12.31.12 named ranges in the formulas a given selection of cells with another named rage, d01.06.13, for example? I cant simply change the name of the range, as it is still applicalbe to a difference range of cells.

Am I making any sense?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back