POP-UP Alerts in Excel

davey11372

Board Regular
Is there a way to create Pop-Up Alerts/DialogBox - based on a cell value - (kind of conditional formatting) ... ?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Take a look at Data Validation, which will pop-up warnings if a cell does not meet certain conditions.

If you need more help, please provide more details (maybe an example).

Upvote 0
Thnx Joe, I will look into Data Validation.

I am trying to create alerts when certain cell values reflect stock prices. I have a list of stocks with live data feeds. When the price of a stock (in a cell) equals a certain price/value, I want a pop-up which announces the stock symbol and the price.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you have streaming stock prices which are automatically updated, I don't know if Data Validation will work. Data Validation typically works for values being manually entered into a specific cell, not by formulas or links.

You may need to look at something a bit more complex, like some Event Procedure VBA code (specifically, the Worksheet_Calculate event).

These kind of questions have been asked a lot on this board (streaming stock prices). If you do some searches on this board, you should be able to find many posts on this subject.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back