Pop up message to be displayed

friendlydue2000

Board Regular
Hi

I have a problem in getting a Pop up message in excel. I dont know whether formula can do the trick or should i take a help of micro.Kindly advise which is preferable and the solution for the same.

The problem is :-

I have 2 conditions and if any of the condition comes true , i want a pop up stating that "you have to calculate"( It should serve like a reminder).

Condition 1: In cell B if i insert "CA", and in cell E if i insert "no" and in cell G if i insert "lease".. I want a pop up stating "you have to calculate"

Condition 2: In cell B if i insert "TX" and in cell H if i insert "yes".. I should get a pop up "you have to calculate"

Awaiting a reply.

Thanks

wow.. amazing.. but i have just forgot or missed one point.. tat is in condition 1

In cell B or c if i insert "CA", and in cell E if i insert "no" and in cell G if i insert "lease".. I want a pop up stating "you have to calculate"

while condition 2 is the same as given before.

Awaiting reply

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
wow.. amazing.. but i have just forgot or missed one point.. tat is in condition 1

In cell B or c if i insert "CA", and in cell E if i insert "no" and in cell G if i insert "lease".. I want a pop up stating "you have to calculate"

while condition 2 is the same as given before.

Kindly help.. and sorry for the inconvienience

Upvote 0
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim r As Long

If IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub

If Target.Count = 1 And Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:C, E:E, G:H")) Is Nothing Then

r = Target.Row

If ((UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "CA" Or UCase(Range("C" & r)) = "CA") And UCase(Range("E" & r)) = "NO" And UCase(Range("G" & r)) = "LEASE") Or _
           (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "TX" And UCase(Range("H" & r)) = "YES") Then

MsgBox "You have to calaculate.", vbCritical, "Alert!"

End If
    End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for your efforts. I indeed need further assistance on it.

Now, when i enter in "B1" coloumn "TX" and in "H1" colomn "YES", and when i click enter,i immediately i need a pop up.

Kindly help me in this..

Thanks

Upvote 0
It already does that...
Code:
(UCase(Range("[COLOR="Red"]B[/COLOR]" & r)) [COLOR="Red"]= "TX"[/COLOR] And UCase(Range("[COLOR="Red"]H[/COLOR]" & r)) [COLOR="Red"]= "YES"[/COLOR]) Then

Upvote 0
Using DataValidation you can set Validation on Cell B1 the formula

=OR($B1<>"TX",$H1<>"YES")

and copy the validation to the other cells needed.

Upvote 0
Right-click on the sheet tab that you want this to work on and select "View Code" from the pop-up menu. Paste the code below in the VBA edit window.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    Dim r As Long

If Target.Count = 1 And Not Intersect(Target, Range("B:B, E:E, G:H")) Is Nothing Then

r = Target.Row

If (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "CA" And UCase(Range("E" & r)) = "NO" And UCase(Range("G" & r)) = "LEASE") Or _
           (UCase(Range("B" & r)) = "TX" And UCase(Range("H" & r)) = "YES") Then

MsgBox "You have to calculate.", vbCritical, "Alert!"

End If
    End If
End Sub

hi can i just apply this to one colum??

eg id any cell in colum B at any stage says "HOLD" the the pop up appear?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back