Populate a "Despatch Note" from a Separate "Project Tracker" Workbook when a Unique Job Number (UJN) is input.

Draks

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi,

I am trying to make a dispatch note that when you type in the UJN from our project tracker it will pull through the Customer, Plot or Site Information depending on the cell.

I have used this formula on a current spreadsheet to show some delivery info at a glance; =XLOOKUP($A$9,Sheet1!$A:$A,Sheet1!B:B,"") I was hoping that this would work (amended obviously) as it does currently but that runs off of different tabs on the same work book and it doesn't seem to want to work on the new Dispatch Note.

(I can't make XL2BB Work) My Despatch note looks like this:

Job NoManual InputDespatch DateManual Input
Plot No=XLOOKUP($C$2,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!$A:$A,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!$D:$D," ")Customer=XLOOKUP($C$2,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!$A:$A,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!$B:$B," ")
Bed 1
Site Address=XLOOKUP($C$2,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!$A:$A,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!$C:$C," ")Site ContactManual Input

and an example of the Project tracker from where its drawing the info from is like this: the only information that is Unique is the Job number

Job No.CustomerSitePlotAli DoorsTimber DoorsRequested Customer DateStatusVar.Initial Contract Value
9505Eg 1Site Name Example 11
8032Example 2Site Name Example 21
8033Example 2Site Name Example 22
8034Eg 3Site Name Example 33
2313Eg 1Site Name Example 164
0548E2Site Name Example 462
0552E2Site Name Example 466

So Using the above examples The dispatch note should read Like this:

Job No9505Despatch DateTBC
Plot No1CustomerEg 1
Bed 1
Site AddressSite Name Example 1Site ContactTBC

The amended formula noted on the dispatch note is showing "0" when no information in the Job No Cell but showing an empty cell when I put a job number in as if it's finding the information but suggesting the Project tracker row is empty. (It's not I checked)

I'm sure it is something really straight forward but I've stumped myself. So thought I would ask for the help of you wonderful people before I lose the plot entirely.

TIA

Sarah

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
Hi Everyone,

I am still looking for some help on this. I can provide more information if needed but not sure what is needed.

Upvote 0
Try
Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP($C$2,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!A:A,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!D:D," ")
get rid of the $ also if the file project Tracker is not local you will need path name
If unsure of file locations always best to use the Functions arguement box to locate correct filepath
1664971007029.png

Upvote 0
Solution
Try
Excel Formula:
=XLOOKUP($C$2,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!A:A,'[Project Tracker 2020.xlsx]Live Project Tracker'!D:D," ")
get rid of the $ also if the file project Tracker is not local you will need path name
If unsure of file locations always best to use the Functions arguement box to locate correct filepath
View attachment 75504
Thanks I will try this

Upvote 0
Try
Excel Formula:
View attachment 75504
Thanks Kerryx This has sort of worked. However it seems to be pulling through information incorrectly. for eg 9505 is pulling through the details for 0552. any ideas?

Upvote 0
can you show me what you have in formula and sheet please

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back