Power Point VBA code

mse330

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Hi all,

I am working on a presentation & I want to show a number that decreases (like a counter) & after looking on some YouTube videos I think it could be achieved much easier with the VBA loop. However, I am having an issue with the below code where it will start with 10 (in presentation mode) but will not show the number 9, 8, 7 … etc. but the screen will freezes until the loop ends & shows me 1 at the end. Any idea what am I doing wrong or how to achieve my goal ?

Code:
Private Sub Label1_MouseMove(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)
For X = 10 To 1 Step -1
    ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("Rectangle 3").Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB((X * 10), (X * 10), (X * 10))
    ActivePresentation.Slides(1).Shapes("Rectangle 3").TextFrame2.TextRange.Characters.Text = X
    T = Timer
    Do While Timer - T < 0.5
    Loop
Next
End Sub

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).

jimrward

Office Version
2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007
Platform
Windows
I suggest you look at the timer bit
T=timer then you test timer-to which would have the same values giving an almost zero result so while loop will never execute
Have you looked at the wait function

mse330

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Thank you jimrward for your reply. I have developed the some code in excel & it is working as intended. The reason I use timer & not wait function is I don't want to wait 1 second for a number in the loop, I want it to be a bit faster

Code:
Sub Count_Down()
For X = 10 To 1 Step -1
    With Cells(1, 1)
        .Font.Color = vbWhite
        .Interior.Color = RGB((X * 10), (X * 10), (X * 10))
        .Value = X
    End With
    T = Timer
    Do While Timer - T < 0.5
    Loop
Next
End Sub

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member