Power Queries - Store Common tables at centralize location

sanket_sk

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi There!!

I hope everybody is safe and sound in this pandemic situation !!!

I am Sanket, recently stared working on Power Query, I have very low rather no knowledge on power queries.

Currently I am using office 365 Pro Plus version.

Day in / out we are working on excel extracting number of reports, these reports are new on daily basis but few tables are common.

For example, List of service providers, Branch Region matrix table, product information table, Sparparts table and so on, till now I was creating daily report by applying Vlookup with these common tables.

With power Query I have started extracting these reports by Merge query. Currently I am importing Raw content of report and common tables every time to extract report.

I tried to make connection only data for common tables but it is working only in same workbook.

My question – Is there any way by which we can store / upload all common tables at central place in power query back end and use these tables whenever required in different workbooks?

Thanks & Regards,
Sanket

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Reverse your procedure and have your Common Tables in a file. Use this file as your starting point. Use Get Data to bring your daily reports into PQ with the common table file. In this manner, you are bringing the new data to the Common Table file instead of bringing the common table files to the new data. See if this works for you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smarti1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back