Power Query Refresh error

tinferns

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Team - Me and my team is using Office 365. All have updated to the latest version of Excel. The file is saved on Sharepoint Folder. I am the owner of the file, I can run refresh smoothly without any issues. However, if my team runs refresh, they get the below error. Please help... Thanks..

"The queries in this workbook might be incompatible with your current version of excel. These queries were authored with a newer version of Excel or Power Query and might not work in your current version."

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
It's a simple warning message, not an error message. Just confirm and go ahead. What happens then?

Upvote 0
Just to be sure. After the warning, when you press refresh again. It still does not work? Can they go into the query steps?

Upvote 0
Thanks GraH for that question. It solved my issue number one.

I am sure you will have a solution for this as well. When I refresh, it picks up data from the Primary File or Folder and displays it. However, when a remote person does a refresh, all he gets is what I had last refreshed. For them, it does not pick up data from the Primary File or Folder stored on my system. Is there any way out for this?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
You say "Remote person" and later .... "File/Folder on my system?"
Does the remote person has access to your folder?

If they do the refresh, do they get an error the data can't be refreshed. Do you see a query, in the query pane, with a yellow exclamation point next to it, highlighting there is some kind of trouble?
How do you test new data? Is the file saved before you run the refresh?

You have high hopes, but I'm not clairvoyant. ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back