Power query scrape web data from xhtml

gargamalebarbosa

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, When the date changes in the example link, the table changes but the URL address remains the same. In this case, how can I retrieve the new table when the date is modified?
I will take DATE information from sheet in any cell. I need a solution with PowerQuery

Link : EBİS Bildirim Sistemi

Thank you,

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
If I am understanding you correctly, all you need to do is click on Refresh All and the table will update.

Upvote 0
If I am understanding you correctly, all you need to do is click on Refresh All and the table will update.
Hi,
* İ will create a table with powerquery. And for example i have DATE value in F1 cell.
* When i change DATE in F1 cell and refresh my query, i want to table update with new DATE info.

Upvote 0
I suggest that you create a Parameter Query where the date is a variable in your Mcode. Can you provide your current Mcode and indicate where the date appears in your code that shows the URL

Upvote 0
"I couldn't formulate the M code as I don't have any code , unfortunately. I'll keep trying for a while, maybe I'll make some progress.

Upvote 0
When I open your link to the Web page and change the date, there is no change in the URL. Without this as a variable in the URL, I cannot assist any further. I suspect that this will require someone with HTML coding experience. Good Luck.

Upvote 0
Try the following code. I commented the code, so it basically explains how it works.
Examine the steps as they will help to understand the method.

Power Query:
let
    // There is a named range in the workbook, reportDate
    // The date value is taken from the named cell
    // Make sure it is a valid date entered into the cell, so the following expression can convert it to the require format 
    reportDate = Date.ToText(Date.From(Excel.CurrentWorkbook(){[Name="reportDate"]}[Content]{0}[Column1]), [Format="dd.MM.yyyy"]),

// The reportDate identifier is supposed to returna text
    // You can test it by enabling the following line if you experience problems with the named range
    // reportDate = "13.07.2023",

// This is tricky, and requires more than HTML knowledge
    // It is a lot to explain here, but simply need to monitor the actual page request/response,
    // Find the necessary query elements and values from the request to form the actual URL
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("https://bildirim.epdk.gov.tr/bildirim-portal/faces/pages/tarife/petrol/yonetim/bultenSorgula.xhtml?bultenKriterleriForm%3Aj_idt32=bultenKriterleriForm%3Aj_idt32&bultenKriterleriForm=bultenKriterleriForm&bultenKriterleriForm%3Aj_idt30_input=" & reportDate & "&javax.faces.ViewState=")),

// This web service returns HTML code as a whole page
    // Beyond that, it returns unknown number of elements, 
    // Therefore, we need to find the table we need to get
    FindTable = Table.SelectRows(Source, each Table.ColumnNames([Data]){0} = "Yakıt Tipi"),

// If the requested table is found, then expand it
    Result = if Table.RowCount(FindTable) = 1 then FindTable{0}[Data] else null
in
    Result

Upvote 0
Solution
@smozgur thank you so much for your response. But i think I'm making some mistakes. When i change date info ,result does not change.. I will try to find what is wrong.
Teşekkür ederim ,sağolun.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlienSx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back