PowerMap 3D Maps series don't appear coloured

rluther

Hey I'm using excel 2016 3d maps and I have my data in and I can see the series when I click on them but they appear blank. I can tell its using the data properly because the bubbles are different sizes. The layer options has it coloured and opacity is at 100%. I'm not sure what I'm missing but something is clearly not working properly. The only way I can see my data coloured is if I choose heat map. I can't find much info on how to use excels power maps and I've checked the Microsoft guide with little info. Please help I need to do some complex mapping with this but I cant even get this to work. Thanks in advance.

Also sorry I'm a total nube I have no idea how to add screen shots to this post.

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
I've followed others tutorials with example files and I it looks like when I do the exact same process excel is just not colouring the series like it says it is. I'm at the point where I think I may need to reinstall excel because there must be something wrong with the program in its entirety. Has anyone experienced this or can anyone point me in the direction of someone who has experienced a similar issue?

It seams that heat maps are the only thing that will display on the map. Do I need to format my data differently or something? I've added all of it to the data model as a powerpivot. I assumed it was formatted correctly because it works with heat maps but maybe there is something wrong with the input data?

Please help I'm losing my hair by the minute...

Upvote 0
Yes! That must be it. I'm running Windows 7 on my Macbook through Parallels. Thank you so much for your reply!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back