PowerPivot - Relationship cannot be Created Error

mstimmel

I just bought Bill Jelen's PowerPivot Book, and so far so good, however, when I tried using my own tables to link two tables by Property Name, i continue to get PowerPivot Error - "The relationship cannot be created because each column contains duplicates values. Select at least one column that contains only unique values" - In my first table, I have several rows and I do have the property name several times, but, the table I'm joining to has it once... anybody have any idea, why I'm getting this error? :mad:

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
mstimmel, as the error says, its probably because there are duplicates in both tables but just to verify, can you please upload a copy of the workbook so I can take a look at it?
Remember that Powerpivot only supports one-to-many relationships, in other words, relationships from a column table that only has distinct values and another one where it could have duplicates

Upvote 0
Where should I upload i to? Also, let's call them spreadsheet/tables A and B - A has 100K rows, of which their are about 50 unique property names, B has 50 rows all unique - I should be pointing B to A I guess? Whichever way I do this, I get the error... I wil downsize the 100K and provide it to you once you give me the details of where to upload it to. Thanks, Monte

Upvote 0
Try using Dropbox, google docs or skydrive and post the public link here. But really try looking for all the distinct values of both tables and see if there are duplicates on each table.

Upvote 0
I can do the public dropbox, I just didn't know if I was providing you the link, or everyone on the blog.. sorry, I'm new to blogs....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lee_ray

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back