Prevent Error Message "Can´t Merge Your Data" in a Shared Excel File on Sharepoint

CubaRJ

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

My company has a large excel file shared on a SharePoint between 20+ people and it very often we have "Can´t merge your data..." making us to rework the change again.

I was wondering if Excel has the ability to "listen" to changes on a shared file so that we can prevent the save until another user has saved their changes on their end and avoid the problem with data merge.

I know there are BeforeRemoteChange and AfterRemoteChange events, but can´t think of how to set it up correctly to trap when a user is updating info and make my code wait or sleep till it is safe to save.

Can you help me?

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Perhaps set checkout property of the file so that only one user can edit it at a time? Then your vba code can test the CanCheckOut property. If False, someone has it checked out. I'm not a SP person so I don't know how you set that up. I only know that I once had to write code to check out/in a workbook in order to push data to it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back