Print Options via Macro

smlevron

I currently have a workbook template that is setup with two tabs and is used to create a file for each day of the week. One tab is oriented in portrait (fit to page), the other is oriented in landscape (fit to page). There is a macro to print the workbook. The problem I have is that it uses two sheets of paper (usually multiple copies), and in the mindset of being a little more eco friendly I would like to print them on a single sheet back and front. Is this possible either via some setting or via some additional code to the existing macro?

Shawn

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I don't know if it makes a difference, and I forgot to mention it in the original post. If I go into the printer properties manually, I can elect to print back and front, and set the orientation of each page. Is this something that can only be done manually?

Upvote 0
It may be possible to do it programatically using the Windows API, but I don't think it will make any difference for the reason I gave you above.

One possibility is to add a third sheet, and copy/paste as picture link each print range, rotating the landscape image by -90 degrees. Then print that sheet duplex with a page break between the 2 images.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hagia_sofia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back