Problem with Advanced Filtering in Excel 2007 and 2010

shippj

I am not able to use advanced filter on my menu in either Excel 2007 or 2010. I have tried on 2 different computers one with 2007 and one with 2010.

I have range names listed for Database1, Criteria1, and Output1. I check the box for copy to another location (Output1) and do not check unique items only.

When I run the filter, Excel adds two range names, Criteria and Extract to the list of range names. They have the same ranges as Criteria1 and Output1. The progarm filters some items but slows to a crawl and never finishes. In Excel 2003 the same operation took less than a split second. I have about 39000 records in my Database (Database1) and am filtering on the basis of one field with the criteria (<>0) in order to eliminate the items with zero quantities. This has been running for 10 years in 2003 and we are trying to upgrade the program to 2007. Evidently 2007 and 2010 do not filter the same as 2003.

I have tried doing it manually and typing in the cell addresses for the ranges. When typed in the cell addresses automatically change to the named range in the advanced filter boxes.

How do I make it work.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back