Procurement Reports

ajm

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello to everyone. This post has nothing to do with anything specific and is more of a call to arms for anyone else out there who works with major supplier at the procurement level,. I am very new to this particular area and am trying to get my head around it all. What I have noticed in my new role is the lack of rigour when it comes to model building and reporting on spend data.

Is there anyone out here willing to share any procurement specific reports/models that I can do over to fit my new employer?

One in particular that I am hoping might be out there is to do with tracking savings year to year. I really want to bolt this one down. currently, each of the Procurement Managers gives me an idea (guesstimate) of what the potential savings could be once a new project has been identified. Then they go off and do their thing. eventually, they come back and give me a different figure which I then am supposed to report on. I have inhereited this model (actually, its more of a workbook with a summary page) from another analyst and think it can be done better. I would really like a standard input form so that the process can be semi automated. anyway, thats down the track a ways.

For now, I would just like some ideas about what is important and how to capture/display this info.

ajm

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Hello,

I am in prcurement as well. I just switched over to this industry from retirement plans, so I am trying to get a beat on the business end. I also am more of an Access buff and they want me working almost completely in Excel, which has been adventurous.

I don't have to create anything that you have described. Typically, I create fill rate reports and some other stuff.

I did want to post though, because I like the idea of a business field thread where people from the same industry can come and see/find stuff that directly pertains to their roles at work. Hopefully, it will make finding answers easier too, because hopefully someone else has already "invevnted the wheel" so to speak.

Thanks,
Roger

Upvote 0
Hi

I'm with Roger on this one - there is no need to reinvent the wheel. What you have described almost fits with project management, i.e. there is a project that has a bunch of deliverables, and were they delivered? I recommend starting with something used for project management and adapting that to your needs.

Andrew

Upvote 0
how weird and wonderful the world of MrExcel can be. I was just looking at a thread that Roger answered for a lady that didn't want to give away too much this morning. It might have only been a day or two old. Bizarre! So how about it MRExcel - Industry Specific searchability or subforums??

Roger, I am working for a newspaper and media group so the environment for me is familiar. Its just that the deliverables and methods are not. I previously worked in the circulation/sales areas of two major broadsheets here in Oz and that was very tightly deadline driven. Now, in this role, its all project driven.

I think Andrew F has a good point about taking on some PM rinciples/models and adapting these for our Procurement needs. Any specific suggestions AF? I have never really done much PM before.

As always, thanks both of you for coming back to me. The only thing worse than having an unanswered query, I guess, is one that nobody views.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back