Protect Author name in Excel 2007

HKT

I am using Excel 2007 and would like to protect the Author's name,so that nobody can change that. I had seen few advices in another thread on this forum but that didn't help me. My worksheet is protected already,now i want to make the Author's name also 'read only'.
Please help me.

Thanks.

Since the VBA properties of a workbook are easier to secure than the workbook itself have you considered adding a workbook before close event to change the authors name to whatever you specify?

eg

<code>ThisWorkbook.Author = "Joe Bloggs"</code>

</pre>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
HI.
The prob is that i m completely dumb in tech. And the sheet is already protected. I mean, cells etc are protected. It was created for me by someone when i was abroad, its not sold anywhere,so that i can buy a new copy. I have no contact with the man anymore. Now,at this point, the advice of protecting the author's name by checking the option of 'read only' in attributes, seems to be easiest for me.

This is my favorite tool and to protect it's Author's name will help me a lot.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
If anybody wish to further answer my issue then please post the solution soon because i m gonna distribute my worksheet after few days.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Hi HKT -
I just came across your post on protecting the author info. I believe i have a solution that works, but difficult to explain on a msg board. If you want to email me a copy i can test the solution on your file and then send back to you. Then i can walk you through it if you like.

Upvote 0
Hi,
Thanks a lot for offering your help. I was not getting any help and suddenly your msg appeared. Infact I had found the solution but if you don't mind, i wish to ask whether i can contact you when i need the help next time.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I don't remember exactly as already several months passed but it was something like clicking right click and make it read only. If i am not wrong,i got this solution from this same thread.

Anyways, i am not using that sheet anymore. Will surely contact u as soon as i need some solution again.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hideto94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back