Protected cells on Excel become unprotected using Android phone

tbones

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Opening an excel spreadsheet on my Android phone via a shared link does not have the protected cells working. It means that I can edit protected cells on my phone which is not what I want to do.

It does not behave in the same way as the PC as the cells remain protected.

Is there a way of keeping the cells protected whilst using my phone?

Is there another way of working on an editable document that I share?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reminder.
I had not realised that I was doing anything incorrect. I just thought the more places I post my question the more chance of more people looking at it

I apologise for this and will look to post on either one but on only one forum.

Very new to this and the help I have received from this forum and the other one has been invaluable

Thank you for reminding me .
Take care.

A reminder:

Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at:

There is no need to repeat the link(s) provided above but if you have posted the question at other places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
In future please do not mark a post as the solution unless it contains one. Thanks

Upvote 0
I apologise for this and will look to post on either one but on only one forum.
If you read the rules, you will see that it's ok to use multiple forums, you just need to provide the links.

Upvote 0
I left school 40 years ago please do not treat me like a kid, Thanks
He's not - there is a reason for that instruction.

Many people think that mark a solution is a way of "closing the question/thread", but that really is not what it is intended for.

When you mark a post as the solution, it really serves two purposes:
1. It indicates that the question has been solved.
2. It also updates the thread so that the solution will now appear right under the original question (open any post with a marked solution and you can see this). That way, it is easy for anyone who may be researching these questions to easily see the original question and ultimate solution in a single glance (and not have to hunt through a thread that may have dozens of posts to find the solution). In that respect, it is not only important to mark a post as the solution, but also mark the correct post as a solution (people often mark their own post acknowledging that it has been solved, but not the actual post containing the solution).

Sometimes people will say that they have solved it on their own, but did not post the solution back to their thread. If they post their solution to the thread, they are then welcome to mark that post as the solution (as it actually contains the solution). But a post that does not contain the solution to the problem should never be marked as the solution.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Upvote 0
He's not - there is a reason for that instruction.

Many people think that mark a solution is a way of "closing the question/thread", but that really is not what it is intended for.

When you mark a post as the solution, it really serves two purposes:
1. It indicates that the question has been solved.
2. It also updates the thread so that the solution will now appear right under the original question (open any post with a marked solution and you can see this). That way, it is easy for anyone who may be researching these questions to easily see the original question and ultimate solution in a single glance (and not have to hunt through a thread that may have dozens of posts to find the solution). In that respect, it is not only important to mark a post as the solution, but also mark the correct post as a solution (people often mark their own post acknowledging that it has been solved, but not the actual post containing the solution).

Sometimes people will say that they have solved it on their own, but did not post the solution back to their thread. If they post their solution to the thread, they are then welcome to mark that post as the solution (as it actually contains the solution). But a post that does not contain the solution to the problem should never be marked as the solution.

Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.
The written word does not show emotion and the written word could be perceived in so many different ways.
Maybe if there was an explanation as the one you gave me then the perception would have been much different.

Upvote 0
The written word does not show emotion and the written word could be perceived in so many different ways.
Maybe if there was an explanation as the one you gave me then the perception would have been much different.
There actually is a more detailed explanation here: Mark as Solution
I probably could've just pointed you there instead of re-creating the wheel!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturS75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back