pull selected data from multiple worksheets into single worksheet

hokie4christ

I am a slightly above beginner user of Excel, so this problem is beyond my abilities.

I have been given a master sheet that needs to pull selected data from several other sheets in the file. The master is a calendar. The other sheets (currently up to 16 other sheets) all have 2 main columns (and some other columns i don't care about), the first is a date, the second is text. Users will fill in date/text on the other sheets, while the master needs to automatically pull that text from the other sheets when the date corresponding to the text matches the date on the master calendar. I've created the basic look of each sheet below, first the Master with what it should look like when filled in, then the other sheets with their data that will (hopefully) automatically go to the master sheet. I thought about combining all the other sheets into 1, i think that would be easier, but my friend i'm doing this for said the other data on the sheets needs to be there too, just not pulled into the calendar, so merging all the other sheets is not possible. At this point I honestly don't even know where to start. Any help/suggestions would be great!

Master:
August 2013
Storyline
Climax Summary

<tbody>
</tbody>

Other sheets (up to 16 currently):
DateText
8/1/2013Storyline
8/6/2013Climax
8/9/2013Summary

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wcbyers

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back