Pull specific row data based off column information

Carcophan

Hello folks.

Am currently working with a Main dump of data that contains about 200+ columns and several thousand rows. I have to manually filter/sort/cut/paste things to get clean data and am looking for a VBA solution to help ease some pain here.

I have been searching and experimenting for several days now and found some things that seem 'close' to what I need but nothing fits just right. I keep spending so much time trying to get other peoples solutions to their problems to work for my own. Figured I would reach out for some help.
My end goal is to read data from a few specific columns from the 'Main' sheet (like Col G). If the data in that column meets a specific criteria, like text or dates/date ranges - then pull the data from that row to a new worksheet. The thing that has been hanging me up is that I don't need to pull the entire row (the entire set of columns), but only specific columns of data like Cols B/C/D/G/J/AA/AB/AT/BA/BB etc from Main.
The worst part is that some of the 5000 rows have duplicated data. So I want to filter off of and pull out what is in column G but the identifier (ID#) for duplicates is in column A.
So basically, I want to put this non-duplicate and refined row data onto a new sheet ('new data') and thus turn 200+ columns into about 10-15 columns and only have the rows show information that meet the criteria from the given columns (G, in this example).
Put another way, the main scenario is: Search Sheet 'Main'. In column A, filter out dups and then in Column G search for '-' or a specific date. If found, pull data from that row, but only pull data from columns B/C/D/G/J/AA/AB/AT/BA/BB and not all 200 columns. Paste this specific pulled data into sheet 'new data' (which can overwrite or erase the existing or old data from the last time it was ran, not append).
Sorry if I am confusing here, my terminology is not the best.
I am not asking for someone to just do it for me, versus guidance and input.
Suggestions/thoughts?

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Sorry, my formatting and editing seemed to have gotten lost when I posed that and I can't see an option to edit my post.

Revising it to add paragraph spaces.

Am currently working with a Main dump of data that contains about 200+ columns and several thousand rows. I have to manually filter/sort/cut/paste things to get clean data and am looking for a <acronym title="visual basic for applications" style="border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help;">VBA</acronym> solution to help ease some pain here.

I have been searching and experimenting for several days now and found some things that seem 'close' to what I need but nothing fits just right. I keep spending so much time trying to get other peoples solutions to their problems to work for my own. Figured I would reach out for some help.

My end goal is to read data from a few specific columns from the 'Main' sheet (like Col G). If the data in that column meets a specific criteria, like text or dates/date ranges - then pull the data from that row to a new worksheet. The thing that has been hanging me up is that I don't need to pull the entire row (the entire set of columns), but only specific columns of data like Cols B/C/D/G/J/AA/AB/AT/BA/BB etc from Main.

The worst part is that some of the 5000 rows have duplicated data. So I want to filter off of and pull out what is in column G but the identifier (ID#) for duplicates is in column A.

So basically, I want to put this non-duplicate and refined row data onto a new sheet ('new data') and thus turn 200+ columns into about 10-15 columns and only have the rows show information that meet the criteria from the given columns (G, in this example).

Put another way, the main scenario is: Search Sheet 'Main'. In column A, filter out dups and then in Column G search for '-' or a specific date. If found, pull data from that row, but only pull data from columns B/C/D/G/J/AA/AB/AT/BA/BB and not all 200 columns. Paste this specific pulled data into sheet 'new data' (which can overwrite or erase the existing or old data from the last time it was ran, not append).

Sorry if I am confusing here, my terminology is not the best.
I am not asking for someone to just do it for me, versus guidance and input.

Suggestions/thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravioli44

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back