Question about Pictures...

SandMan

Is it possible to have a picture, (such as a company logo), float over every sheet in a workbook in the same relative position?

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
Hi SandMan,

I'm not sure what you mean by "relative" position. Relative to what? To you want it to move as the user scrolls so that it always stays in the current window? Or perhaps stay positioned relative to a particular cell.

Whatever the answer, it can be done. However, one problem with pictures that "float" over spreadsheets is that you cannot easily get to the cells underneath the picture manually without moving it first.

Damon

Upvote 0
I'm not really concerned about accessing the cells underneath the pic and I'm trying to set it up so that it is locked in position no matter where I scroll on the page (about where K1 is located on a new sheet).

Upvote 0
Hi again Sandman,

Probably the easiest way to do this then is to

1. position the logo on one sheet where you want it, right click and select Format Picture > Protection tab, check the Locked box.

2. copy and paste the picture to each sheet and position as desired.

3. select all worksheets (right-click on a sheet tab and select Select All Sheets) and then select all cells on all sheets (Ctrl-A).

4. Go to Format > Cells and in the Protection tab uncheck the Locked checkbox. This will enable the cells to be accessed even though the worksheet is locked in the next step.

5. Lock the worksheets. For each worksheet go to Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet. It would probably be best to protect them without a password.

Now the logo pictures should be unselectable and locked in position.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back