Radar Charts

Graysleaf

Hello,
How do you move labels on a radar chart? I have 45 "Pie" slices that have a description for each and they are illegible at twelve and six o'clock positions. The labels overlap each other. Is there a way to separate the labels a bit further or change their axis to be radial instead of horizontal?

Dryver14

2 things come to mind, open the chart on a new sheet, this gives more space, you can then click on any item in the chart and right click edit

Graysleaf

Yes thank you Dryver, I can select the label but I'm unable to move them independently from the entire graph. Is there a way to separate the label from the graph?

Graysleaf

When labels are selected, all labels are changed together, so changing text direction doesn't work. :(

Dryver14

When you click on the category, right click on the mouse, then select format category labels at the bottom
on the box that opens, on Format Category labels you have many options to adjust both the text and Axis option.
You need to sect what you want by clicking on the picture, the bucket or pen etc.

After that I am clueless

Jon Peltier

MrExcel MVP
Pie slices in a radar chart? I don't know what you mean by that.

If you are asking about data labels attached to data points, you can click once to select a series of labels, then click again (two single clicks, not a double click) to select just one label. Now you can drag the individual label around with the mouse.

There are probably better chart types than a radar chart, which will show the data better and allow for better label placement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dxmiian

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...