Graysleaf

Hello,
How do you move labels on a radar chart? I have 45 "Pie" slices that have a description for each and they are illegible at twelve and six o'clock positions. The labels overlap each other. Is there a way to separate the labels a bit further or change their axis to be radial instead of horizontal?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
2 things come to mind, open the chart on a new sheet, this gives more space, you can then click on any item in the chart and right click edit

Upvote 0
Yes thank you Dryver, I can select the label but I'm unable to move them independently from the entire graph. Is there a way to separate the label from the graph?

Upvote 0
When you click on the category, right click on the mouse, then select format category labels at the bottom
on the box that opens, on Format Category labels you have many options to adjust both the text and Axis option.
You need to sect what you want by clicking on the picture, the bucket or pen etc.

After that I am clueless

Upvote 0
Pie slices in a radar chart? I don't know what you mean by that.

If you are asking about data labels attached to data points, you can click once to select a series of labels, then click again (two single clicks, not a double click) to select just one label. Now you can drag the individual label around with the mouse.

There are probably better chart types than a radar chart, which will show the data better and allow for better label placement.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back