Random dinner party assignments

DICKAMES

I have a dinner party assignment problem similar to RandyMartin's problem (Random Group (?) Generator tonight!), posted May 2 2009 with reply by Gardnertoo posted July 2009.

Problem:
40 people
5 hosts per month
8 guests per host
4 parties per year
Goal: minimize tripple pairings.

What exactly is the formula I need?

Than you
**** Ames

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
L

Legacy 167133

I am not familiar with Pivot Tables, but I have seen something very similar to your problem resolved in a Pivot Table. Explore along that avenue and consider renaming your thread to include Pivot Table help.

Hope you come right!

DICKAMES

Thank you Swem-Jannie.

I will check Pivot tables out and rename the thread.

**** Ames

DICKAMES

Thank you Mr Scottylad2,

Sure. Our community dinner group is designed to be a mixer. Four times a year 40 people meet for dinner, eight at a house, with five houses having dinner at the same evening.

We would like a procedure for assigning people to the dinner parties such that each person has a maximum of new dinner partners over the four times per year that dinners are scheduled. There will be times when a person has dinner with someone he had dinner with at a prior party. We would like to minimize the times when one person would be at the same table with any other person three or four times over the four dinner sessions in a year.

I think there is an Excel routine that addresses this question.

Thanks

**** Ames
dickames@starstream.net

DICKAMES

Thank you Mr. Sezuh,

I have downloaded and unzipped the Round Robin file and will try it out.

I am very pleased with the responses to my question. Thank you.

**** Ames
Lincoln, California USA

Expertassignment

Hello friends i wants to need some online assignment for different - different subjects. Firstly i visit online assignment help websites but i am not satisfied from them mostly websites are not provided services that i can.So i am finding online assignment help experts in UK. If you know about them please suggest me.

Last edited:

johncorner

Assignment is a task for any subject that assigns to the student. Writer whom know about assignment they help you out in different writing format of assignment. The reason for this is that a number of assignments are allotted to the students in a limited time. If a student authentically use assignment service from the online companies which will help them from their expert writers.

Last edited:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryanlim

This Week's Hot Topics