random unique numbers/ names put into a grid - help needed

curlyq1269

I am doing a cow patty drop for my local non-profit community group. We are selling tickets (numbered 101-676) for the event. In order to show who's name ends up where in the tennis court that will be marked in a 24 x 24 grid, I would like to show each ticket number (or preferably the corresponding name) in each square of the grid. I listed the ticket numbers in column A, the names in column B, and the phone number in column C (which will be only be used to call the winner). I made a 24 x 24 grid next to the data. I have attempted a few different ways - using randbetween(), rand(), and rank() but haven't figured it out yet. I don't want repeats (unless the person bought more than one ticket of course). I would also like to put a button the screen to initiate the random number generator and then have the names pop up in the screen. I don't want the locations to change on the grid when I add a name - chances are we will be selling tickets until the very end. I figure that I need to write a program in VBA utilizing the randbetween and match - or Vlookup function. Would someone please help me? Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badgergurl

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...