range change

Peterfc2

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
How can I change the ranges so i can drag across the cells A1, B1,C1,as shown?
MATCH($A1,$H$1:$H$4,0)MATCH($A1,$H$9:$H$12,0)MATCH($A1,$H$17:$H$21,0)

=IFERROR(MATCH($A2,INDEX(sortuniques!$A:$A,COLUMNS($B$1:B$1)*23-20):INDEX(sortuniques!$A:$A,COLUMNS($B$1:B$1)*23-2),0),"")
Works spot on. Apologies to Peter SSs for my original OP.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I suspect that you may well be right, but that doesn't get the D2 formula to be matching in rows 72:90 as indicated by the OP in posts 5 and 7. I am guessing that the OP is just not being careful enough with precise information which is why I was trying to press that point. ;)
Obviously there were inaccuracies. If you look at the image it shows that the formulas start in B2, so you are right: the 72:90 will be in E2, while 49:67 will be in D2. Maybe I should have rather commented on your post instead of presenting a solution. If you think that this was somehow not correct, please let me know. Of course I know you would have come up with the answer if you weren't being confused with D2 and the other inaccuracies.

Upvote 0
Maybe I should have rather commented on your post instead of presenting a solution. If you think that this was somehow not correct, please let me know.
No, what you did is fine. It is what I was tempted to post but there are many times when OPs are not clear & accurate with what they have and what they want and you can waste a lot of time guessing and suggesting things that subsequently need amending. On this occasion I decided to insist on accuracy before suggesting further. :)

Apologies to Peter SSs for my original OP
It wasn't just your OP, it was several posts. But it isn't a problem to me - it just meant that you didn't get your solution as fast as you would have if you had been accurate with your formulas and where they were. You must remember that we are not familiar with your worksheet(s) and requirements and can only go on what you tell us and show us. ;)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back