1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
hi guys,

i am SUPER bad at pivottables

i have this dummy data for a loan here in my sheet:
1683705733519.png

I essentially would like to create a slicer for "Status" that can filter for this table.

However, in order to do so, it seems that I have to make a pivottable?

I like my current formatting, but if I pivottable my data, it looks like utter garbage and I am completely unable to recreate the above table, even if I put "Identifier" as the row, and everything else as columns.

Can somebody help me please? Thanks!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
You don't need to use a pivot table to get a slicer.

You can make it a table object by selecting the range and using CTRL+T to make the range a table.
Once you have created the table object from your range you can select your table and go to 'Table Design' in the ribbon at the top, in there you will see an option to add a slicer 'Insert Slicer' when you select it - it will ask which header you would like to make the slicer from.

If you use the CTRL+T option to create the table then it should not change your current formatting.

Upvote 1
Solution

You can make it a table object by selecting the range and using CTRL+T to make the range a table.
Once you have created the table object from your range you can select your table and go to 'Table Design' in the ribbon at the top, in there you will see an option to add a slicer 'Insert Slicer' when you select it - it will ask which header you would like to make the slicer from.

If you use the CTRL+T option to create the table then it should not change your current formatting.
If I do this, it removes my headers (if i press "my table has headers" and also if i press "it does not have headers")

any way to avoid this?

result at the moment:

1683707026605.png

Upvote 0
note: without headers it does keep the titles, but it looks silly with the new row above it:

1683707121191.png

Upvote 0
Are the headers still there but with white font or are the header cells blank?

Upvote 0

Nevermind! It was because I had background color set as white, and same with text color

my bad hehe :)

thank you so much Georgiboy!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Hughes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back