Reference Text Advance VBA Programming

michaeldh

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a good text book which contains Advanced Excel VBA programming. I am at an Intermediate type level but wish to go much further with my learing to master the language.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Michael.

:biggrin:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.

AgentSmith

"Visit Mr Excel's Bookshelf" !! :LOL:

Alternatively, if you're at an intermediate level then a reference text might be useful. I find that the O'Reilly "nutshell" books are very good in this respect.

AgentSmith

Actually I might just take that back. I've had a little poke around and the VBA nutshell book also caters for pure VB. Some people didn't like this aspect.

I would recommend going to Amazon and doing a search for "VBA". You'll get loads of ideas there.

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
Michael

I can heartily recommend both "VBA and Macros" by Bill Jelen and "Excel 2002 VBA Programmer's Reference" by Bullen et al. Note, for the progammer's ref one, it is the 2002 version and not the 2003 (change of authorship).

I think that you would also find very useful the Holy Macro!2,200 VBA Examples CD from Mr Excel (again) - it will give you a serious amount of VB code to pick apart, digest and adapt to whatever situations you have.

Best regards

Richard

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kychemist00