Referencing multiple sheets based on list of names of the sheets

ArtofExcel

I'm looking to make a summary sheet for specific information that would be pulled from multiple sheets in the workbook. These sheets are created from the following macro

Sub Update_Names()

Do While Worksheets.Count > 6 'Clears old sheets (first 6 sheets stay)
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
Worksheets(7).Delete
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
Loop

Dim MyCell As Range, MyRange As Range 'repopulates sheets bases of list in "Names"

Set MyRange = Sheets("Names").Range("F4") 'List starts in F4 of current sheet
Set MyRange = Range(MyRange, MyRange.End(xlDown))

For Each MyCell In MyRange
Sheets.Add after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) 'creates a new worksheet
Worksheets("Template").Cells.Copy ActiveSheet.Range("A1") 'Copies template for each name
Sheets(Sheets.Count).Name = MyCell.Value ' renames the new worksheet
Next MyCell
End Sub

I want to use the same list that starts in F4 to pull data from each sheet that this macro creates and pull it into a summary page, notice the length of the list is variable, the "names" group is defined using an offset function that allows for it to be any length to allow all names to have a page created for them with no extras ect. Ideally the summary would input into a table format table I could pull in that had name, data 1, data 2, ect. I've played with versions of indirect and whatnot but defining the sheets based on the names in the list "names" is holding me up here. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

As in, what would an example of code be for pulling cell A1 in sheets 7-X (when x = 6 + Y (Y=number of names in a list) and putting that data in cells A1-A(Y) in a summary sheet. I have only cursory knowledge of vba so I have no idea what something like this might look like.

if i follow correctly then this...

1. you want to copy cell A1 from worksheet index 7 to x (example last 4 sheets would be x = 10)
2. you want to paste each sheet's copied value on a summary sheet starting at A1 going down (A1 = Sheet7!A1, A2 = Sheet8!A1, etc)

Code:
Dim y As Long, j as Long, i As Long, lastSheetIndex As Long
y = WorksheetFunction.Counta(theListRange) 'define your range here as a range object
lastSheetIndex = 6 + y
j = 1
For i = 7 To lastSheetIndex 'make sure the sheets you read from start at Tab #7 and are followed by all other sheets to read from... summary sheet should be before the 7th sheet
    ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Summary").Cells(j, 1).Value2 = ThisWorkbook.Sheets(i).Cells(1, 1).Value2
    j = j + 1
Next i

that would do what you just described

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AGreen17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back