Remove opening source "error" message Excel 2010

Dclark5

In a xlsm workbook I have an auto open macro that opens a different workbook that has a user form with multiple buttons linked to the master workbook. The user form workbook has no macros, only links to all my VBA code. This was updated from a very old Excel project.

When the user form book opens it gives the error message: "This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated". If you click the "Continue" button everything is fine. If you click the "Edit Links" button you see the master workbook and under status it says "Unknown" even though the book is open though hidden. (This was not an issue in older Excel).

If you click "Check Status" the status updates and says "Open" and you continue. So nothing goes wrong but I don't want my clients to have to click continue every time they start the program.

I have set AskToUpdateLinks - DisplayAlerts to false. Used On Error Resume Next but nothing stops the bogus error.

All suggestions welcome!

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back