Remove Zeros from Pivot Table Averages

Jason Smith

Hello All,

This is my first post, so any answers would be greatly appreciated. I need to know if there is a way to remove the zeros from my averages inside a pivot table.
Ex: I have 10 people on a team, but only 5 have data, the other 5 have zeros. I want have the average in the pivot table to reflect only the five with data, and not the other 5. Currently it is averaging all 10 people and skewing my numbers.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Welcome, Jason. Yes, there are ways.

If you start from the pivot table wizard with the external data option and go into MS Query a criteria can be applied there to exclude the zero entries, or maybe better to make them nulls. If you get a message about no visible tables OK to that and then under 'options' select 'system tables' to see the worksheet. I can be more specific if you required - please give some further information on the set up of your data and what you are doing. You might use something like "WHERE field_name<>0" or use "Iif(field_name = 0,Null, field_name) etc".

HTH, Fazza

Upvote 0
Thanks Fazza, Great info. I was actually able to modify my SQL query a bit to make this work, before bringing it into Excel. I am learning my way around the Pivot Tables in 2007 and your info will definitely help me out in the long run.

Jason

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hochanz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back