Andy0311

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am trying to remove blank spaces and blank spaces with formatting from a long column of letters. Here is a an example: When I do a Find and Replace Blanks, rows 11-13 will be highlighted, but when I go to Delete Sheet rows, only rows 11-12 will be deleted. How can I delete row 13? Thanks for your help.

1696430077716.png

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Without seeing your actual data, I am only guessing as to the issue. Because Row 13 is colored, there is formatting and as such it is not technically blank.

Upvote 0
Without seeing your actual data, I am only guessing as to the issue. Because Row 13 is colored, there is formatting and as such it is not technically blank.
It is formatting. The partial column I included was cut and pasted from a much larger data set, which was divided into sections. The space between the sections was formatted. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
If there is nothing in those cells except formatting then the following should remove them
Select the column -> F5->Special...->Blanks->OK->Delete Sheet Rows

If that does not delete them appropriately then there must be something else going on in your worksheet that we cannot see from an image and we would need to access some actual sample data (eg with XL2BB as a starting point)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bes000

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back