Rent tracker

Missy86

So I am managing some rented properties for someone. I have one house that has from between 4-8 tenants in it, (this changes frequently) and four other houses with one tenant per house. I previously had a worksheet per tenant. they pay monthly and each person pays a different amount. Can someone give me a formula so i can keep this all in one worksheet and so I can see at a glance who is in arrears? I don't need a complicated sheet the only details I need to have on it are the person's name and amount of rent paid & owed.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
I am only new here myself, but i do not think that these guys will make you a complete workbook. Its mainly used for help with existing formulas or for one specific task.

What i would do however, is the following

1) make a new workbook
2) copy (right click on the Sheets Tabs down the bottom and select Copy) all the Sheets from all other workbooks into your new workbook making sure Sheet1 is empty so that all houses and tenant info is in one happy workbook.
3) Lets say you want to show the Tennant names on Sheet1 you would select where you want that tennants name to go on Sheet1 by clicking that cell on Sheet1 then type = then click on the sheet for the info you want to display and click on the cell of information you want to show on your Sheet1

this way, when you change any information from any of the Sheets in your workbook for those particular houses / tennants.. the cells which are matching on Sheet1 will change and you can use it as an overview page.

Maybe there is a specific formula... but from reading your question i dont think it would be possible at all to create a whole workbook using one formula.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
thanks for getting back to me so quickly..I wasnt very clear in my original post, if you look at the link i have attached - I am looking for a variation of this except each person has a different rental amount and the rents are paid monthly....I am just not confident enough to mess around with it myself as i have tried to do so and ended up getting it wrong.

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88271

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sktz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back