Report Problem with Multiple Value Field

Montez659

I am stuck with what to do, and may have to create a few tables to fix the problem, but I thought that before I did that I would consult with the experts!

I am generating a report based on a query of a table that has three fields that can contain multiple values. For testing purposes, I have 4 records that should be shown, grouped by primaryRep. The problem lies in the fact that the report seems to want to seperate those multiple value fields out onto a seperate line for each entry. For example, these are codes associated with the record entry, like A1001, A1002, B4398, C4938, etc... Each of these shows up on a seperate line so the report is something like 30 rows long, even though there are only 4 records total.

In my query, I even deleted the .values column for each of the three fields and strictly running the query will show four records, but even though the report is based off of the query, it still returns a multitude of rows for each "code" (which when combined with two other fields makes the report grow exponentially!).

From what I have seen, I will need to break it up into different tables instead of multiple value fields. Does anyone know a way around this?

BTW, running access 2007.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Ok, didn't see that for some reason the .value portions of those three fields got pulled into the report. Once I deleted the .value cloumns for those three fields, the report displays properly.

Although fair warning to any wanting to use multiple-value fields - there is a lot of info out there saying that it is not a good choice. It works for me but research it carefully if you are thinking about using it,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grifaz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back