residual or ghost info tied to workbook

LauraLewis2151

I have a workbook full of spreadsheets. There are about 10 spreadsheets that are identical in formulas and layout of columns, but are pulling in data related to a specific catalog we have mailed. There is a summary report tab, a tab full of data that is used in the look-up formulas, and a couple of other report tabs.

I have to create a new workbook for 2009 and I am having problems with not being able to save the workbook and edit it. I get error messages telling me that the file is corrupt.

I have had problems in the past when I have copied and pasted one of the tabs to create a new catalog report. It has told me there are named ranges that I can not find or delete. The name manager doesn't list any of them.

There is one reporting tab that I copy into a new workbook each week, then paste all the information as values. I get a whole list of compatibility issues that shouldn't be there, considering that there are no formulas any more.

If I bite the bullet and start a workbook from scratch, can I copy the worksheets and paste them is some way that this ghost info will not come along. Recreating everything from scratch without any copying and pasting will take me weeks of work.

These worksheets have been copies and saved-as for over a decade worth of updates in Excel. I am currently on 2007 version.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sravya

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back