Return a value when another value is present and if the value is in the correct date and time

MizzFunny

Hi All,

This is me: :confused: :eek: :mad: :(

I apologise if this has been asked already but I am so lost on the lingo I wouldn't have a clue. I have done a VBA course but am struggling to apply it to my situation. What I want to do is on one spreadsheet, I have a column with "shift, date, grade 1, grade 3, quarantine" in it, and in the cells next to it I want an operator to enter either "day" or "night" next to shift, and the date. Next to the others I want the total weight of the appropriate product made in that time. The spreadsheet I will be feeding off is quite big with a lot of information in it. Down the left hand side is the roll number (we make rollstock). Further along on that same row will be the date, the weight, and a grading (putting it into grade 1, 3, quarantine etc). Our shifts run from 7am to 6:59pm, and 7pm to 6:59am. Which shift the roll comes under is determined by it's end time (also in that row). So basically, I need VBA to say sum up all of column [weights] if column [date] = [date cell in working spreadsheet] and if working spreadsheet says day then column [roll end time] =7:00-18:59 and if working spreadsheet says night then column [roll end time] =19:00-6:59 and also if column [grade] = [grade cell in working spreadsheet] ....

So i guess a whole lot of if statements??? Any help on putting that together would be AWESOME. Oh, also on the feed spreadsheet i have a column that i put in a little code date, "AP04" for 4th of april kind of thing, which would help with the problem of the rolls being made before 6:59am on the 5th of april being put into the 5th april as they need to be counted under 4th april as they are 4th april night shift (even though the date will stay 5th april)...

Any help would be wonderful! thanks everyone (please make me smile)

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi All,

This is me: :confused: :eek: :mad: :(

I apologise if this has been asked already but I am so lost on the lingo I wouldn't have a clue. I have done a VBA course but am struggling to apply it to my situation. What I want to do is on one spreadsheet, I have a column with "shift, date, grade 1, grade 3, quarantine" in it, and in the cells next to it I want an operator to enter either "day" or "night" next to shift, and the date. Next to the others I want the total weight of the appropriate product made in that time. The spreadsheet I will be feeding off is quite big with a lot of information in it. Down the left hand side is the roll number (we make rollstock). Further along on that same row will be the date, the weight, and a grading (putting it into grade 1, 3, quarantine etc). Our shifts run from 7am to 6:59pm, and 7pm to 6:59am. Which shift the roll comes under is determined by it's end time (also in that row). So basically, I need VBA to say sum up all of column [weights] if column [date] = [date cell in working spreadsheet] and if working spreadsheet says day then column [roll end time] =7:00-18:59 and if working spreadsheet says night then column [roll end time] =19:00-6:59 and also if column [grade] = [grade cell in working spreadsheet] ....

So i guess a whole lot of if statements??? Any help on putting that together would be AWESOME. Oh, also on the feed spreadsheet i have a column that i put in a little code date, "AP04" for 4th of april kind of thing, which would help with the problem of the rolls being made before 6:59am on the 5th of april being put into the 5th april as they need to be counted under 4th april as they are 4th april night shift (even though the date will stay 5th april)...

Any help would be wonderful! thanks everyone (please make me smile)
Hello,
Can you please post a sample of the data table and your desired results? Which version of excel are you using?

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the reply! Using 2010 I think (or at least 2007)...

Silly question, how do i get the picture in the post? I have taken a screen shot and hid all the columns that are irrelevant, so it's a smallish file...

Upvote 0
try using the add-in "HtmlMaker20090730a" from the mr.excel forum. it helps alot when you have samples:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eggy66

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back